News forum

Special Achievements

Picture of Alistair Simpson
Special Achievements
by Alistair Simpson - Friday, 7 August 2015, 1:14 PM

Interschool Cross Country
Katikati sent four runners to the Baywide Interschool Cross Country in Opotiki. A hilly but fast course, the runners all competed hard against top runners from around the Bay. Results were:
Makayla Managh – 9th from 32;
Jonathan Sukkel – 18th from 37;
Sophia Spurr – 16th from 36;
Katie Rousell – 19th from 36.

Special Olympics Football – Pukekohe
Our Special Olympics team of Joshua Watson, Ryan Owen, Finley Dunlop, Tevita Scholes and Anthony Scholes competed in Pukekohe recently with this report from Tevita:

On Tuesday 23rd June we had Special Olympics. It was dark and cold - so I came at 7:20 to school in the morning. We went to Pukekohe by a van to play soccer. The teams we played were hard. My toes hurt from kicking the ball. We were only five boys so we had no subs. Finley was a good goal keeper. The balls were bouncing off his chest. I was tired from playing soccer all day.
By: Tevita Scholes of 9VAL

Joshua WatsonTevita Scholes showing their great skills.

Joshua Watson & Tevita Scholes showing their great skills.

Junior Rugby
Katikati College had four junior rugby players selected for the 2015 Tai Mitchell West Team coached by Matua Kuka. Wests won the annual Tai Mitchell tournament held in Whakatane. The team was unbeaten in all its pre-tournament games and unbeaten during the tournament. The players were Sositeni Tautuaa, Lesen Huiarangi, Tesimoni Uilou and Chris Mascall. Lesen and Tesimoni were also selected to play for the BOP Roller Mills 2015 team which is a massive achievement.

Reef Ainsley was also a rugby representative playing for the Apanui Invitation Team.