Nāu te rourou nāku te rourou
Ka ora ai te iwi:
With your food basket and my food basket all the people will be blessed.
Ko te Whānau Pūmanawa o Poutama would like to acknowledge the following people/organisations who have contributed to the hangi fundraiser in order to make it a huge success. Without you all, this would not have been possible.
- Te Kōmiti Whakahaere o Poutama – Poutama Events Committee –
Piper Majia-ball, Michelle Phillips, Janine Penberthy
- Mike Flemming – voucher donation of $100 for The Mad Butcher
- Jill Jack - donation of half a pork and potatoes
- Jason Phillips – a huge donation of hogget
- Nobels Fruit and Vege – donation of pumpkins and onions
- Elanor Hona - donation of kūmara
- Kerewai Wanakore - donation of kumara
- Renee Mohi– donation of beef roasts
- Hineira Ruth - donation of onions
- Michelle Phillips - donation of potatoes
- Marge Bluegum - donation of chicken and vegetables
- Lilly Mafi – donation of bread / mixed herbs
- Stan and Janine Jacob - donation of chicken
- Stan and Chris Jacob, Leo Majia and Senno for cooking the hangi on the day
- Mike Snow for the use of the hangi basket and irons
- Barb Jacobson – donated a trailer load of firewood
- Adam Walter – deliveries
- Huey Raruhe – from He Ara Tika for helping on the day
- Jill Tranvan - Food Tech department – use of facilities/serving gloves
- Art department – donated cardboard
- and all the whanau, supporters, community members and others, who are not mentioned here, who donated kai, gave up their time to help and purchased a delicious hangi.
Mauri ora ki te iwi whānui!